Join the Berkeley Science Fellows Program: Part-time on-campus internships for Postdocs at UC Berkeley startups!
In this program, Postdocs are partnered with startups from the Skydeck over a 3-12 month period to help the startups solve specific scientific challenges. This provides postdocs with valuable real-world working experience and an opportunity to discover what a startup is like. You can check out the participating startups here.
1. Selected postdocs will be invited to perform technical due diligence on the startups that are applying to Skydeck.
2. The Science Fellows are expected to commit four-five hours a week to assist the startup over a period of 3-6 months. We understand and respect the fact that postdocs’ primary commitment is to their research in the labs at UC Berkeley. The hours are flexible (could include evenings and weekends), and may be worked out mutually. This is an unpaid (volunteer) program for the duration of the three months.
Benefits to postdocs:
• Gain experience of working with startups.
• Potential employment opportunities
• Add work experience to the résumé
• Recommendation letter from startup
• Potential to serve as on the advisory board (eventually)
• Satisfaction of helping a startup succeed!
Interested postdocs can find the participating startups in the application form. The program managers will reach out based on the project interest and skills indicated in the application form. If the company and the postdoc believe they are a good match during the interview, postdocs are partnered with a relevant company and an informal interview is scheduled.
Please send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org