We are in need of volunteer for our BLEND program, which are our onsite workshop for middle high school and undergraduate students. Can you please forward this message to members of the Post Doc Association. We are in need of tour guides for the ALS and guest speakers for the upcoming visits below;
- Tuesday June 14th, 9:30-10:15 am– Guest Speakers for a Panel for a group of about 20-25 high school students in a summer program
- Wednesday, June 22 1:00-3:00 pm- 2-4 people to give tours of the ALS, it is a group of 50 high school students in a summer program that we need to break up in 2-4 groups during this time
- Thursday, June 23, 11:10 am-noon- 1 person to provide a tour to a group of 12-15 undergraduate students for UC Davis that are in a chemistry focused summer research program
- Friday, June 24th, 11:00-noon- 1-2 people to give a tour of the ALS for 20-25 high school students in a summer program
- Friday, July 8th– 10:30 -11:00 am, 2-4 people to serve on a panel for a group of 25-27 undergraduate students
- Friday, July 8th 11:10- noon, 1-2 people to provide at a tour of the ALS to a group of undergraduate students
If you are interested and available to volunteer for one of these opportunities, please email Ms. Tokiwa T. Smith, Manager of K-16 Programs at email@example.com with the subject line BLEND visit and indicate the volunteer opportunities you are interested in. Thank you for helping us achieve the Lab’s mission of inspiring the next generation of scientists, engineers and technicians. Have a great day!