From September 18th to 22nd, 2017, the lab together with the postdoc association is organizing events throughout the lab to celebrate postdocs and their research, as part of the National Postdoc Appreciation Week.
On Monday at 9:30 am, we invite all postdocs to meet us in front of building 65 to to hang our National Postdoc Appreciation Week Banner to kick off the celebratory week. we will be taking some pictures.
All postdocs will be invited to the lab-wide event on Thursday September 21st.
The event will include:
- 2:30-3:30pm: seminar by Peter Fiske “Career Strategies for Post-docs: Unlocking Doors and Creating Options” (Building 50 Auditorium)
- 3:30-4pm: coffee break
- 4-5pm Game of Divisions (register here to represent your division)
Speech your science in 3min to win a prize ! The judges will be Horst Simon, Mike Witherell, and Peter Fiske.
As participant, you will have a dress rehearsal the day before to practice. No slides, just you and the mic !
1st prize: a Fit bit Alta to track your fitness.
2nd: 2 tickets for the Berkeley Symphony.
- 5-7:30pm Happy Hour on the Hill. Never get a beer or wine on the Hill ? Time to try ! We will be serving lots of appetizers, desserts, beer, wine and other various refreshments For alcoholic beverage, we will have ticket (2 beverages by postdoc) make sure you have your LBL ID with you. (ALS Patio at Building 6 outdoor only, bring your jackets).
Follow us and all the events on twitter and facebook and use the hashtag “#NPAW2017” when tweeting or posting.
Some divisions will have specific events:
- MSD coffee & cookies (Wednesday, Sept 20th, 10am in Building 66 Auditorium)
- CSD breakfast (Friday Sept 22nd 8:30-10:30am in Perseverance Hall (B54)- please register here)
- EESA “Scooping for Science” ice cream social, Friday, Sept 22nd, 2-3PM, at the patio between Buildings 74 and 84.
- CRD and NERSC Brown bag Discussion panel (Friday Sept 22nd 12:00-1:00pm Building 59 Room 4102)
- JGI lunch about career path (Wednesday, Sept 20th, courtyard)
For more information, contact us.